Established in 1971, we are a Haulage and Construction Group with a turnover in excess of £80m, a strong balance sheet, no borrowings and achieve steady profitable expansion. We have a long established IT function but now require a manager capable of consolidating the function to successfully ensure the ongoing success of our IT systems.
- Act as overall Project Manager for all IT related activities.
- Manage the integration and deployment of a variety of business systems from bar code scanners to finance systems to CRM.
- Project manage and provide hands on support to the existing development team in the development of bespoke SQL based applications.
- Take ownership, working with 3rd party specialists and internal IT team to ensure key compliance and cyber security objectives are met. For example Cyber Essentials.
- Recommend education programmes for IT staff and training for all staff – in particular in areas of compliance and cyber security.
- Review all business requested changes and additions prior to solution development or deployment.
- Analyse complex business needs presented by customers or management – then research and recommend solutions to the management team.
- Direct operations in executing tasks according to a documented schedule and plan with milestones where required.
- Direct and prioritise the workload of IT personnel.
- Direct and manage suppliers and outsourced IT services. Ensure SLAs are being met.
- Represent the IT function at management level.
- Establish and maintain vendor support contracts.
- Ensure the reliability and maintainability of existing systems by creating, maintaining, and enforcing standards and procedures.
- Ensure appropriate IT documentation is in place.
- Ensure the business is adequately protected in terms of disaster recovery and business continuity. Establish RPOs and RTOs for key systems and test plans.
- Organized and creative mindset.
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills.
- Willing to be hands on.
- Several years of relevant working experience.
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written.
- Degree or equivalent in computer science or related field.
- Excellent knowledge of current software development methodologies and solid knowledge of SQL.
- Good general IT knowledge covering: Microsoft servers, desktop systems and services, Networks, VLANs and firewalls.
- Management experience in a similar position and ideally within a similar type of organisation or industry (haulage/property/construction/industrial).
Applications in confidence to: email@example.com