Established in 1971, we are a Haulage and Construction Group with a turnover in excess of £80m, a strong balance sheet, no borrowings and achieve steady profitable expansion. We have a long established IT function but now require a hands on manager capable of developing the function to ensure the ongoing success of our IT systems.
Candidate background must include programming experience, preferably including use of SQL to enable them to project manage and provide close support to the existing team in the writing of major bespoke SQL based applications.
Core Tasks include
- Establish and maintain the highest levels of IT service to Group companies 24/7
- Manage the integration and deployment of a variety of business systems from bar code scanners to finance systems to CRM.
- Staff management and development
- Take ownership, working with 3rd party specialists and internal IT team to ensure key compliance and cyber security objectives are met. For example Cyber Essentials.
- Direct and manage suppliers and outsourced IT services. Ensure SLAs are being met.
- Represent the IT function at management level.
- Establish and maintain vendor support contracts.
- Ensure the reliability and maintainability of existing systems by creating, maintaining, and enforcing standards and procedures.
- Ensure the business is adequately protected in terms of disaster recovery and business continuity. Establish RPOs and RTOs for key systems and test plans.
- Be an organized person with strong interpersonal and leadership skills.
- Degree or equivalent in computer science or related field.
- Excellent knowledge of current software development methodologies and solid knowledge of SQL databases and reporting, C# Programming and Visual Studio Development environment.
- Good general IT knowledge covering: Microsoft servers, desktop systems and services, Networks, VLANs and firewalls.
- Proven management experience
Attractive salary and Company Car or Car Allowance.
Applications in confidence to: firstname.lastname@example.org