Salary: £35,000 – £42,000
Based in Irvine, the Maxi Group of Companies was established in 1976 and is one of the most successful privately owned companies in Ayrshire, involved in logistics throughout the UK and Ireland and building construction and developments in Central of Scotland. With a large fleet and £70m plus turnover we have a solid balance sheet, no borrowings and cash reserves, coupled with continuing investment and profitable growth.
We are looking to recruit a C#.NET Analyst Programmer.
Develop, maintain, test and implement efficient systems to support business requirements across a range of hardware and Microsoft software platforms in line with company development, implementation standards and project management methodology.
Analysis and design of complex software changes and new functionality, collaborating effectively with internal resources and relevant business stakeholders.
Deliver software changes as required by the business and outlined in project plans.
Conduct unit, system and integration testing of software changes working closely with the test team.
Contribute to the smooth implementation of software changes and new functionality into production environments.
Also, we are writing internally advanced logistic program and also using proprietary software for other areas, including introducing completely new accounting package, Microsoft based, to replace our AS 400 systems.
Role will be based at Irvine but will require occasional work visits to Company sites at Warwick, Warrington and elsewhere. These sites operate 24/7 and flexibility of working hours will be necessary.
- Code & test without supervision.
- Good understanding of business systems and sound knowledge of system development techniques.
- Good understanding of IT development standards.
- Development of large complex code.
- C#, WPF, .NET MVC, SQL, Visual Studio, Entity Framework
- Education to graduate level or relevant work experience.
- Relevant software development skills.
- Good written and oral communication skills.
- A willingness to work in a team.
- Ability to work with minimum supervision.
- Good technical knowledge and skills.
Applications should include full details of work history and experience.